Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Big 30

Its been a while since I posted anything.  We've been really busy.  We've been trying to do summer school, swim, play at the park, and ride bikes as much as possible.

Here are the boys on Father's Day helping me with the dishes.  


The baby finally started loving baby food and normal food.  I made stew and she ate more than any of the kids combined.  She also loves to rub food behind her ears for some reason.



The two oldest kids are doing piano lessons this summer.  GC1 wants to be a singer when she grows up so I told her she had to learn the piano.
This little girl LOVES to empty things.  Its her favorite activity and since she can't crawl I give her containers full of things to empty while I need to get things done.

MC2 hates his bike.  I have taken the kids to the park for the last month with their bikes in an effort to get him to like riding it.  Then I realized the other day his wheels are completely flat.  So we filled them up and its a lot easier for him to ride.

The Girl Child really wanted to get her training wheels off so we did it but she was super scared each time we tried to ride her bike.  After a few weeks of practice and the use of peer pressure we succeeded.  It also helped she had the added incentive that she needed to learn how before the fourth of July so she could be in our street parade.


I'm officially 30.  Its a little depressing, but I've gotten over it.  I have four kids and one is almost eight so I guess its ok to be thirty.  They've aged me past that anyway.  Here's the baby all ready to go.





Here's my birthday present from Brent.  The Young Women in our ward had an auction for girl's camp and Brent bid on one of them who is a great artist and had her paint this.

My sister and her family came to town and they made me a birthday cake.

Here are my brand new birthday shoes.  Cute huh?  They have memory foam inside them.  Its like walking on a pillow.

Here are the kids doing fireworks.  The baby LOVED the pops.  I went to buy more the next day and couldn't find them anyway.  Apparently Iowa does not sell fireworks.  Every time the kids threw one on the ground she died laughing.  It was great.















It was our town's 150th anniversary so it was a wild and crazy fourth of July but it was really fun.  More pictures to come.
In this last one MC1 turned the baby into cupid.  He gave her a halo and an arrow.

No comments: