Sunday, June 15, 2014

Someone Had a Birthday


We are having a crazy busy summer so far playing and swimming.  In my spare time (laugh) I have been trying to clean out the house a bit.  I've taken on one room at a time and have gotten rid of a lot of stuff.  Its very satisfying work especially cleaning out the toy room.  One of my biggest problem is my own fault and its my scrap fabric collection.  I decided it was time to do something about it.  I had two boxes like this:
 And I've been turning it all into quilting squares like this:




Our two best friend families are moving so I've been watching their kids a lot to help them have time to pack up and clean.  Its sad, but I'm glad the kids can play with their friends before they go.  
MC2 got hit in the eye one day by a friend and demanded he needed an eye patch so I let him have one of his sister's.  After a few minutes he was fine again and we took it off.  


 The Girl Child had a birthday.  She is now six.

The boys bought her a balloon.  The baby LOVED it.



We informed her the morning of her birthday that she already had her birthday in the night (she was born at 1:00 AM) and it was over now but we still gave her presents.  







 She got everything she wanted and more... a pink sleeping bag, Elsa dress, Elsa doll, a bag she could color!  She was super happy!  Last year MC1 got a sleeping bag for his birthday and she cried for a week about it and begged her Grandpa and G Di to get her a pink sleeping bag for her birthday.  We all forgot about it except for the grandparents who spent a year searching.






 We spent the day playing at the park with friends and all got sunburned.  Then we had an early birthday feast of aebleskievers and had a butterfly cake the kids decorated the day before.  Then she had to dash to her second day of reading tutoring where she informed EVERYONE it was her birthday.

 That night she prayed and thanked Heavenly Father her mommy could make such delicious food.   It was all the thanks I needed.

No comments: