Last week was General Conference and it ended up being the best conference I think we've had with kids. I usually spend time printing conference packets off the internet that the kids hardly use so this year I decided to just be simple and buy them each a new coloring book. It worked perfectly. It also helped that MC2 had just been giving a new truck from a friend who was moving so he was entertained. Add in my famous caramel popcorn and we were set. It also helped that this happened...

And this girl was as always the best one of the bunch.
I know, pretty cute huh.
And of course, the other kids have to get in on the picture taking.
The Girl Child had her gymnastic's recital. Really it was the rehearsal, but here's the story. The recital is on Sunday so our course we weren't going to have her go plus its even during our church time! So I told the teacher's we couldn't go but we wanted to go to the rehearsal and watch that. I tried to explain to the Girl Child what we were doing but she had never had a recital before so she didn't understand what the difference between the recital and the rehearsal were so I ended up dropping the whole explanation and just pretending the rehearsal was the real thing. She loved it. And didn't complain that there wasn't a big audience. Our entire family came and watched and that's all she cared about. I tried to take some videos but my camera is too good quality so our ancient computer won't let me download them. Hence no baby videos, but Brent lowered the quality so we'll see if they work this time.
Here's the group picture. Its a terrible picture, but when I tried to take another they just got up and ran off.
I'm really glad the girl child did gymnastics. Its great to learn how to use your body. She is extremely skilled at somersaults now and can run and do them over and over. Its pretty impressive. She wants to do it again next year.
Then we came home after the rehearsal and had doughnuts. She loved it.
Then I let her use my camera...
Here are her selfies.





















No comments:
Post a Comment