Cronuts... sounds like a curse weird or something at first. Or at least looks like I just misspelled doughnuts. But these are all wrong. Cronuts are a marvelous thing Brent discovered and said, "We should make these." And by "we" he meant me. So I did. They were amazing. What are they? you say. They are a croissant AND a doughnut. You make croissant dough which is difficult at the best of time and then cut it into doughnut shapes and fry it. They were to die for. Which we probably will die from so I guess its good that they were worth it.
This week was full of culinary exploration. I was thinking about my mom one day and how much she had taught me in my life and decided my kids needed to learn more from me especially in the kitchen. I have tried this before but never stuck with it because its so much work, but I'm determined to stick with this. Plus I made it easier. One kid is going to cook with me a week. They get to decide what to make and then have to help me write down what is needed on our shopping list. MC1 went first. When he was deciding what to make I kept saying no. "That is not dinner Buddy." came out of my mouth more than once. He decided on these... its a sloppy joe car.
Baby loves to eat with us. I got her high chair out today because her thighs are getting to chubby for the Bumbo.
The Girl Child's turn is tomorrow so stay tuned to exciting cooking.
Now on to Easter... we celebrated on Saturday like always with our new tradition of cleaning the house before they get their baskets. This fulfills to purposes: 1- It is the only time of the year I can truly motivate the kids to really clean because they WANT their candy. 2- It keeps them from getting their Easter baskets until well into the day so they don't have candy for breakfast.
Last year I made a scavenger hunt for the kids to find their baskets and MC1 loved it so much he begged to do it again.
Here's the end of the hunt.
And here's the baby chewing on a Ring Pop wrapper. I know, I'm a bad mom but she loves paper and plastic. Don't worry. I supervise.
The girls got Easter dresses from Grandpa and Grandma that sort of match. Enough that GC1 was SO happy. It has been the greatest desire of her heart (other than having an Elsa dress which I'm working on) to wear matching dresses with her sister. Side note-Her hair is supposed to be Anna's coronation hair from Frozen just if you wanted to know.
In other news- the baby saw the eye doctor last Monday. She has been doing so much better with her eyes I was hoping the doctor would agree. So there I am waiting in the waiting room and I noticed that her eyes were working correctly! They were moving together! So I'm flipping out hoping to see the doctor before her eyes stop working correctly. Thankfully we got in there and the doctor did see so we can now patch as little as 1/2 hour a day which was what it was at the beginning and it was so painful then, but now it flies by! Going from 2 hours a day to 1/2-1 makes it seem like a piece of cake and the baby is much happier especially now the weather is nice and we can spend the patching hour outside.
So the doctor said that she doesn't think she'll have to have surgery and then five minutes later she said, "She might have to have surgery. So don't get your hopes up." So we'll see. But at least she's improving. You can see when her left eye does cross the angle is better than before and occasionally her eyes work together. Her left is usually just a degree to high, low, or left or right though so it looks just a bit odd which I'm sure she'd like fixed by the time she starts dating. She is a sweetheart though. She has started to eat table scraps. She hates baby food but she'll eat pieces of bread and other soft-ish foods. GC1 even fed her a noodle which I wouldn't have done but she did it and THEN told me, "The baby ate a noodle!" I said, "You fed her what?!" But apparently she didn't choke so... yeah.
Happy Easter!




















1 comment:
Loved the pictures of the girls. It makes me excited to have two girls.
Post a Comment