Thursday, April 24, 2014

Green Smoothies

I have decided to give up on my recipe blog because I never post there anymore because I don't have the time or energy for it, but I have decided I need to post some recipes every once in a while just so I don't lose them.  

I have been trying to be healthier.  I went to a Relief Society activity about heart health and it kind of scared me since my mom died of a heart attack and all.  

Two years ago I tried drinking a green smoothie every day but it started making me feel sick so I stopped.  I decided it was because I used spinach and I was over dosing on iron or something so this time I've been using kale.  Kale doesn't taste as good as spinach, but it freezes really well which makes it easier to use.  

So here is the recipe I created:

Kale Smoothies

8 oz. almond milk
a dollop of greek yogurt (I use vanilla)
1 1/2 of fresh or frozen kale
1 cup of frozen strawberries, mango, raspberries, or pineapple or a combination of any of them.
I also add a Tbsp. of chia seeds at the end for an added boost.

Put in a blender and enjoy!  

 The great thing about these smoothies is my kids love them so this picky eater gets some nutrients.

No comments: