Friday, July 15, 2016

Grandparent Visit 2016

The Girl Child got baptized last Saturday and so we had a lot of family come through.  My dad came first in time for my birthday.  I forgot my camera every time we left the house though so I have no pictures.  We went swimming three times with Grandpa.  He taught my kids more in three swimming sessions than they learned in two weeks of swim lessons.  It was great.  

Then Brent's mom and stepdad came.  I had to go to girl's camp one of the nights.  We went to the Gardens here (again I forgot my camera).  We saw the BFG and went to the Science Center.  The power went out while we were there though so we had to leave early.
Brent's Dad and Stepmom, and my brother's family got in the night before the baptism.

It was great to have so many people there.






This girl got baptized without having to be dipped twice.  She got tons of presents and was glowing all day.  It was nice to be able to hug her first after her baptism.  









The baby was not a fan of all the people around but really understood this guy.  I think they are kindred spirits.





Then my dad, my brother and his family, and Brent's mom and stepdad left.  



We went bowling...


We all loved the baby bowling shoes.
Did crafts...



Then we went to Omaha.  This is our detour along the way.  This girl was the only one brave enough to climb to the top of this tower.
We went to the Winter Quarters temple and visitor's center.  Cute pioneer huh?



I love this statue.  I remember coming here when I was little before the temple.

We got to Omaha and had to walk across the Bob Bridge to be in two states at the same time!


Went out to eat at MC2's new favorite restaurant.
Then we went to the Omaha Zoo which lived up to all the hype.  It was awesome.






















Yes, that is a baby seal nursing.


Can you tell that the baby is terrified of the Peahen?

The Peahen's had baby Peafowl and the kids thought it was one of the best things at the zoo!




The Bio-dome was amazing.









The scariest part was the Jungle where bats flew around you and the swamp with Alligators and Crocodiles just feet away from you on a dark path.  I zipped through there with the kids because I was terrified of them managing to get over the fence and get eaten.





The kids got spoiled rotten and are going to be monsters for the next two weeks.
After the grandparents left we went to the zoo's warehouse where they breed and hold animals.

You could drive through it and see different animals.















A white bison!

This girl was super grumpy most of the two weeks and was in full two-year-old swing.  On the drive home we got ice cream and she took a nap.  Now that we are home and she can be alone she is happy again.


No comments: