Sunday, June 12, 2016

You've Had a Birthday!

We have had a crazy couple weeks since school got out.  Some of our friends handed down a mermaid costume for the baby.  She is thrilled.  Her two loves are Dora and mermaids.  
 Yeah... this happened too.  I'd like to say it was because she snuck it, but it wasn't.  She was following my bad example.


 Then we had a birthday.  I'm exhausted.  I've been prepping for this thing for months.  The Girl Child wanted to have a birthday party where she and her friends made things for their dolls.  This would have been difficult with 6, 7, and 8 year olds so I did a lot of prep in advance.  They were in charge of "decorating".




 Then they played Pie Face.  This is her favorite game of all time.  She thinks its HILARIOUS!

 The dolls were like this the whole time...


 I'm pretty sure they had a blast especially since they are the ones who got all the stuff.
 We colored.

 Had cake...
 I'm grateful for this beautiful girl.  She has great insights into life and other people.  She is helpful and kind.  Her teacher told me that she sits with a girl after school each day and helps her get ready to go home because this little girl has a hard time.  Love her.  She's beautiful.  We got her a Book of Mormon and a scripture bag and she was so excited!  I remember thinking how lame that was to be getting scriptures and a bag for my birthday!  I'm glad she is better than I was.
 Oh and these two volunteered to be the girls' butlers.  They were hilarious.  Especially the little guy.  He kept walking up to girls and saying, "Tea M'lady?"


The girl child is lucky to have two awesome brothers who love her.  The baby thought it was her party the entire time until the end.  Surprisingly she didn't throw a fit but she keeps asking me, "Where's my birthday cake?"  Its going to be a rough month.  We have three more birthdays to go in July and then she has to wait another month after that!  Bad planning!

1 comment:

T.M. said...

I need to find that game...The strategy is about at my level and my ego may be able to withstand a losing streak if accompanied by tasty punishment. Bring it!