We had a great Christmas. It is always a little crazy but everyone enjoyed it. Here are pictures from our Ward Christmas party. Santa came and the kids were super excited.
Everyone that is except the baby. She hates Santa, but she hates everyone but a select group of five people.
MC1 has been driving me crazy with Santa so much I finally just told him the truth about the big guy in red but I decided to let him have a last magical Christmas. He kept asking for things that were not possible because they didn't exist, were too much money, or were sold out. I kept trying to talk to him about it and he'd say, "Mom, its Santa." He did get a toy at Christmas he thought you couldn't buy at the stores and yelled, "See Santa made it!" Glad he believes so well.
WE got a craft we could do early and the kids could not wait. Its sand art and after they each made two they started playing with them like they were magic potions. It was pretty funny.
I hate to brag but I made some fantastic food this year. This is for our Relief Society cookie exchange. Then the next day Brent and I made cronuts for his department lunch. They are croissant dough you turn into a doughnut. Yeah, they are that good. You should definitely try them. Anyway, we won the dessert category and got a $20 gift certificate. It was awesome. Second time winning.
THEN we got another pre Christmas bonus. Some friends got a new range right before Christmas and gave us the box. The kids were in HEAVEN. They colored it to make it into a house and slept in it three nights in a row. ALL three kids. It looked super cramped but they loved it.
Oh and this little girl decided to start walking and hasn't looked back. She's pretty good now. I love the first steps. They are so cute.
Christmas Eve we had some friends over for our Shepherd's dinner. It was fun. The kids had a blast and pretty much destroyed the giant box. We reenacted the nativity complete with costumes.
The girl child begged to be Mary and since I NEVER got to be Mary growing up I let her.
"Fear Not!"
The baby got to be Baby Jesus at the time that the Wise Men came because He was supposed to be a little older then.
We spent the day making our Christmas video and tracking Santa.
Then the kids slept in their box.
We gave them a speech about not waking us up before they went to sleep. We told them if they had to go down and peek at least be quiet about it. MC1 got up at 6:30 and snuck downstairs. I only heard him because I have Mommy hearing now. Then everyone else slowly trickled down. The baby didn't get what was going on and didn't actually open a single present, but she thought it was hilarious.
Everyone was thrilled with what they got except MC1 who got a Ninja Turtle lunchbox from us and apparently he doesn't like Ninja Turtles. This turned into a lesson on how to graciously act when you don't like something you got which is a life lesson everyone should learn. Good thing I got it on clearance.
The Sister Missionaries left behind a dogeballl ball and a gun. We gave them to the girls. They boys were horrified that the girls got such cool toys. GC1 was especially happy.
GC1 made a heart pillow last October that the baby is obsessed with. So since she had the baby for Christmas she made her a baby sized one. It was super cut.e She loves it.
The Girl Child has had her eye on my Samantha doll for a while now so I decided to give her to her. She's finally responsible enough to take care of her. She does need some new clothes though. Her tights are in a ridiculous state.
Christmas day we did a lot of Skyping and a lot of eating and board game playing. My dad got MC1 a game called Forbidden Island that everyone has loved. Its a cooperative game and all the kids can play it. They have to work together so we all don't die and at first this went completely against their nature which was funny but now they are getting really good at it. We've played it so many times since Christmas.
We had a friend over the kids adore.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Thanks to all of you for all your love and support.
























































No comments:
Post a Comment