We've officially entered into the time of year I hate the most... January through March. We get a nice little break with Valentine's Day but for the most part we are bored, cold, or/and sick. I think I've had a month long cold again which I had last January. Ugh. None of us are very happy. MC1 has decided to be completely miserable all the time lately unless he is watching movies or playing on the IPAD which he doesn't get to that often because he's being horrible. Every other mom has told me its the weather or its turn 8 soon, but its got to end soon or he and I are going to have a falling out. Here are the things I've been hearing lately: "You treat me like a slave." (This was because I asked him to do his chores which are practice the piano, read for 20 minutes, and maybe clean his room.) "Why was I even born?!" Etc. The jist of it is that I am a horrible mother who never lets him do anything fun.
One night the kids did have a blast with their head lamps. MC1 read to them and they begged to sleep downstairs. Since it was a school night I said no. Mean mom again.
My friend made me this dress for the baby when she was born and I've been waiting for her to be big enough for it. We tried it last Sunday and it was a little big but still cute.
Poor cross-eyed baby. We have another eye doctor appointment in two weeks and I'll update you after that.
GC1 wants to carry the baby everywhere. Its kind of scary at times but I follow her around to make sure nothing bad happens... like dropping. So far so good.
The baby is doing great. She's mostly happy all the time and super cute. Her favorite thing to do is stare at me. Its kind of funny. After I smile at her she'll look somewhere else, but she loves to cuddle and stare at each other for the most part. She is getting into toys and books. She loves being bounced and sung to. She's a great baby. Love, love, love her.
I took pictures of her room for the baby book. Too bad its a disaster, but oh well. Its realistic. Its nice to have a girl room and a boy room now.
MC2 wanted his picture taken too. He's doing better in Sunbeams and loves his friends there and in his preschool group.














3 comments:
I HATE January-March too. Maybe we should plan a visit.
I'm glad I'm not the only depressed one. I think it's worse when you have kids. At least I used to get out for work and school. I'm dying here.
Baby girl is seriously cute. I want to chomp on those cheeks.
It's a far cry from January in AK.
Poor MC1. I know how he feels. These women are always askin' us to do stuff like be "useful". MC1, it don't get easier but the perks get better...
Post a Comment