Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sweet Ride

I was going to explain the story behind these pictures, but then I realized I need to check with someone who checks this blog before I explain them and ruin a surprise.  So just enjoy the randomness of our family picture.





 We had some sickness in our house last week.  MC1 started puking at school Tuesday and spent the rest of the day throwing up.  You are supposed to wait 24 before you bring your kid back to school after puking so he stayed home again the next day.  That day he acted completely fine, but the next morning when I got him up for school he said his stomach hurt.  I told him to get up and try to get ready but he said it still hurt.  I was pretty sure we got this sickness from a friend who had it for three days so I let him stay home with the agreement that there would be no movies, IPAD, computer, etc.  He was SOOOO faking it.  But we did homework all day.  He requested doing science first so we did this experiment.  You fill a coke bottle with milk...

 We overfilled it.  Oops.
 Then you let it sit and I didn't take a after picture, but if you want to know what it looks like do it yourself.  The phosphoric acid in the pop attaches to the milk and falls to the bottle turning the pop clearish.  Supposedly it works with any brown pop.  We want to try root beer next, but Coke is supposed to work the best.  This was out of my migraine supply so I need to restock.

Last week we realized the baby is now four months.  I made the comment that if she had been either of our first two we would be running to the store to get baby food for her to try but since she is our fourth I just didn't care that much and was going to wait until she's like 6 months old like the doctors tell you to do.  The next day Brent and the girl child came home with a bag of baby food.  So much for waiting.  The Girl Child immediately wanted to feed the baby but I had just fed her so she was mad and had to wait.

She announced to me she did not want me to do anything for the baby anymore.  She wanted to do it and that included feeding her.  "No more mommy milk," she said.  I told her to deal with it.  The baby is not getting formula because her big sister wants to feed her.  Sorry.


 Baby food is a good compromise.  I think this picture looks a little like my niece Sophie (don't you think?).






Despite the disgusted looks she did really well eating the rice cereal.

3 comments:

djensen said...

I think she does look quite different from your other three, I am interested to see how she changes as she grows! Yeah to solids, you are brave to let her sister feed her!

Ashley and Daniel said...

I did see a little Sophie-ness in her there! It's those sweet cheeks and the button nose. Sometimes Sophie looks like Stella and sometimes like Bella--apparently these kids will look alike! Cute little chub!

Anonymous said...

You are good to share the story. Grandpa Don got his calendar Friday night and loved it. I am very proud of Ally being the big sister and looking out for her little sister. Love ya- G'pa Steve