We had a really great Christmas break. I love that my kids play so well together. It makes cold winter days more fun. They also love the baby and help so much with her. Its almost enough to make me home school... but not quite.
Here are the kids in their Christmas jammies. MC2 won't wear his because he doesn't like change. He's annoying that way.
After just a few times down the hill they completely broke their new sled. I guess we need to spend more than $10 on their next sled.
Here is my attempt to take pictures of the baby. She is in her four month awkward stage. Her hair is thinning on the sides and its just unfortunate. Oh well. I still think she's cute.
Especially when she smiles, crossed eyes and all.
The girl child and I got our hair cut together. She loved it.
We had a major cold snap which you would think we wouldn't mind since we did live in Alaska for three years but this house is not well insulated so it could not catch up a few days. We ended up borrowing a space heater from friends in the ward. I am scared what our power bill will be next month but its worth it to keep the baby warm. This is after we got the space heater. The kids were thrilled. I spent five minutes lecturing them on what not to do around the space heater and everything. Then I went to do the dishes and two minutes later I caught them sticking pencils in between the grills! Then we had another five minute lecture. With me threatening to turn off the space heater. They shaped up after that.
I decided my kids need to learn to be functioning members of society the other day so I made MC1 and GC1 do the dishes. I taught them how and let them go at it. They thought it was great, but they made a little lake at their feet. I told them it was their first time and next time we'd do better.
We also saw Frozen during Christmas break. We had some Christmas money and it was well worth it. EVERYONE loved it. Even the baby. After we watched it we had to buy the soundtrack with more of our Christmas money. As a result we have listened to it non stop. We are even listening to it right now. They each have a favorite song we have to play over and over. I thought it was one of the best Disney movies ever. The snowman was great instead of being annoying like most of the comedic sidekicks are. MC1 loves the Snowman song. We had to explain to the kids why its so funny though. They just don't get how he could not know what summer is like.
We had a day off of school because of the cold and then a late start today so we are finally going back to school. I think everyone is ready now.























No comments:
Post a Comment