First off some funny conversations to get us going.
We came home from church last week and were eating lunch when the kids had the following conversation:
Girl Child #1- "Brother! I saw you with your class today." (They were practicing for the primary program.)
Man Child #1- "Yeah, I know. They separated our class into two groups and mine didn't have a teacher sitting by us! I think my group had WAY more fun than the other group."
Me- "Oh really? What kind of fun was that?"
Man Child looks up at me in shock remembering that I am there and hearing their conversation.
Man Child #1- "I wish I hadn't said that."
Me- "Yeah, I bet you do."
The Girl Child is supposed to share a room with the baby eventually and has been dying for that to happen. She begs daily for it to happen.
Today she was talking to Brent about it while he was reading to her.
Girl Child #1- "When is the baby going to sleep in my room with me?"
Daddy- "When Mommy is read for it."
Girl Child- "How about Monday?"
Daddy- "We'll see."
Girl Child- "And then no one can touch her but me!"
Daddy- "Well, Mommy is still going to have to feed her and take care of her."
She thinks once the baby is in her room she will get to take care of her which is why she isn't in her room yet.
Once again we went to the pumpkin patch. It was cold though and we didn't stay for very long. The baby didn't love it. We did get some great pumpkins though.
We didn't mean to but everyone ended up getting a pumpkin relative to their own size. Brent got the biggest and then Man Child #1 got the next biggest. He probably would have gotten a bigger one, but I told him had to be able to carry it.
Man Child #2 loved the baby pumpkins. I didn't get a pumpkin because I will be supervising the others and feeding a baby when we carve and have accepted this is not my year to participate fully.
Because Brent stepped on his pumpkin for this picture we had a full 10 minutes of MC2 going around stepping on pumpkins and falling over because they were wet and slippery. Thanks Daddy for the great example!
Yep, she's pretty beautiful. I know. Everyone says it. Its kind of creepy though. This guy at church today told me, "You guys do good work." I'm sorry. I think we both know that came across weird. She is eating all the time now! I know she's growing because I had to put away all her newborn clothes and even some 0-3 month clothes that were sized small. She has hardly slept the last two days because she is constantly eating! The only way I get anything done is if Daddy is home or I put her in the wrap. I'm also starting to get my anxiety about her rubbing a bald patch. Its another drawback of babies having hair. Then you stress about them losing it.
We are almost ready for Halloween but I just had a GENIUS idea for costumes for the entire family BUT I just finished MC1's costume and he won't switch. Plus I do not have time to make five new costumes anyway. If I get it together in time the baby and MC2 will be awesome though. You'll just have to wait and see. I'm excited. I just need to find the time to make them... MC2 has a preschool group run by the mom's and he has a busy week of activities ahead of him. He's excited.
The Girl Child has finally started making some "best friends" at school and is loving it. She went to a birthday party on Saturday and was on cloud 9 the rest of the day. Finally she gets to do fun stuff like Colter gets to do all the time!
The Sister Missionaries in our ward love the baby. They are awesome women and since we started calling the baby our "Lamanite baby" because of her dark hair they have started calling her Baby Abish. "Abish?" you ask. "Who is that?" Well, she is the woman in the story of Ammon and King Lamoni who was converted the gospel before and runs to tell all the people when Ammon, King Lamoni, his wife, and all the servants fall into a comotose state. She is the Book of Mormon's female missionary. I only know this because the missionaries told me. :) Can I just say I love having Sister Missionaries in our ward. They are great. The kids love them and I just love having two women come to our house for dinner and coo over my baby.
There are quite a few baby hungry people in our ward and not that many babies right now. So we constantly have people praising our baby's good looks and begging to hold her. Its nice. Its like we're celebrities every where we go.
Okay, that is my rant for the week. I think I haven't been around enough adults lately. :)







4 comments:
You should be proud. She's beautiful. :)
The little man must learn sometime the proper photo stance after the hunt...pumpkins are a good starter. Next time hand him a weapon to properly counter balance his growing ego. It always helps.
Glad to hear you all are adjusting well! She is a cutie, I can't wait until Naomi has that much hair!
Yup, you make good babies ;) I love awkward comments like that! I can't believe how much your kids have grown. Man child 2 looks a lot like man child 1. Congrats on the new adorable one! When are you moving back to Alaska?
Post a Comment