Monday, October 7, 2013

Surviving

Well, Grandpa left and we have had to start taking care of ourselves.  I had to start doing laundry, dishes, cooking, holding my baby, wrestling with MC2.  Its been rough.  The first day my dad left the Girl Child complained all day about it and that night MC2 started crying and I went in to see what was wrong and he cried, "Pa Pa stay here!"   He really loved having him here.  Now he has to wait until his brother gets home from school to get his wrestling fix.  He really does too.  The instant he walks in the door MC2 jumps on him.

The Girl Child has been having the hardest time which is funny because she loves the baby so much.  She really misses her Grandma.  She's been praying that she'll come back alive again.  We've decided she needs an activity in her life that makes her feel special and MC1 doesn't get to do.  I think we'll sign her up for gymnastics in January.   

 I have two wonderful women in our neighborhood who we car pool with who have been driving my kids to school and haven't been letting me drive for three weeks, but I am determined to be a big girl and take my turn this week.  So she'll be spending a lot of time here... which she hates.
 Here is our attempt at a photo shoot.









 She's not crying here for the record.  She just looks like it.








MC1 got a car for his birthday late from a friend and it plays a song.  MC2 loves it and has created his own dance to it.  It has very specific moves and starts out the same way each time.. he has to lift his shirt over his head.  I think he learned the moves from Daddy.

1 comment:

Marci Jensen Stoffer said...

I need to visit. Sorry I haven't yet.