Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Doing our Duty

We have been having a crazy month.  I got jury duty for a murder trial and got stuck in jury selection for two days.  Thankfully I didn't make it because my kids were piles of mush after two days of babysitters and Daddy in charge.  It would have been interesting, but maybe better suited for a different stage in my life.  I also think it might have traumatized me based on the questions the lawyers were asking.  Can I look at pictures of a dead body?  Probably not.

The kids cannot handle that I have been doing Spring cleaning and getting rid of their stuff.  Our new compromise is they can take a picture first.  This is a playground he made in art.  I also gave each kid a crate to save treasured art and projects but it needs to last until high school so they can't fill it this year.


 MC2 made this is the sandbox and begged me to take a picture.

Lately he's been talking about how his muscles aren't big enough and I catch him staring at his arm muscles and flexing them.  Weird child.
 He got invited by a girl to her birthday/tea party and was supposed to dress fancy.  This is the best we could do.
 The Girl Child and I have been doing a sewing class at church.  The only way I could rationalize doing it was to involve her and teach her to sew.  It has been fun.  We have only made things for her so far.  She loves it.
Last we have to show you our rocks.  Its important.  Don't ask me why, but it is.  Come over some time you can sing princess songs with this little angel.  Whenever we tell her, "You are a monster." or "You are a toddler," she says, "No!  I (insert name)!"  Her name favorite saying is, "I MAD!"   or "How do that?"  She also loves Doctor Who and will ask to watch it.  Our job is done.

No comments: