Between rain, cooler temperatures, and being busy we have had a hard time getting to the pool. But we finally did! And we went three days in a row! The kids loved it and this little girl was a lot braver than I thought she would be.
MC1 is determined to make videos of the baby being a child prodigy at the piano. They are really horribly funny videos. For the record, she is not a child prodigy, but they both stay entertained so I don't mind. Plus they will love the crappy videos when they are older.
We also made homemade gummies. Apparently we need Lego molds.
The Girl Child had a birthday. I actually documented her day. Started with her birthday cereal that she picked out. Yuck.
And of course the baby had to get a picture too.
Then she opened her bottle of new nail polish that completed her dream of painting her toes rainbow colors.
Then we had a speech evaluation. Oops, it was the only day we could get in. It was worth it though. She did great too and they gave her a prize. Then lunchables for lunch. Yes, I let her pick. Yuck again.
Then we went to watch their old school get demolished.
We've actually been waiting for this to happen for weeks. They have been building their new school in their old playground right next to their school for two years. We knew they would be tearing down the old school so every day we have been watching for it and our patience was rewarded today.
And it just so happens there were some convenient swings right next to the fence. We spent an hour there, swinging and watching destruction. Good times. We should have brought popcorn.
MC1's reaction: "This is so awesome! I can't wait to be in the new school!"
His sister's reaction: "This is so sad! I will miss my school!"
It just so happens that they were destroying her old classroom while we watched. I think it could have been really therapeutic.
Then dinner was spaghetti. She ate more than I thought possible.
Oh and somewhere in there her friend slammed the door on MC2's toe which broke it and made him need stitches. So after Daddy came home and looked at his toe we opened presents and then Daddy took MC2 to the ER. 2 1/2 hours later they came home with a stitched and taped toe. Thankfully Daddy ran to the store to get Ninja Turtle Band-aids, Neosporin, and doughnuts. The doughnuts saved the day.
She loved her presents and she loved her Gummy Bear cake. Once again my opinion, Yuck.
The Girl Child got a new friend for Samantha. Her name is Kit. She couldn't be happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment