Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

I haven't been posting lately because I'm working on a project for the Girl Child's birthday and I have been using every spare minute to work on that.  So... that means no time for blogging, but Brent took the kids on a walk so here is some time!  
MC2 has suddenly decided ties are awesome, but I'm worried he just uses them as weapons once he gets to Primary.

 The baby is in nursery and finally had her first week without crying.  In fact she let herself be babysat twice this month without crying.  She's finally branching out to liking a few more people.  Thank goodness.  I love that she loves me, but sometimes I need a break!

 The baby has learned to smile a certain way when I get out the camera and that means this goofy one eye closed thing.
 We had a random visit from my dad where he bought us a new computer (oops no pictures) and my sister used us as a pit stop twice.  It was nice to see everyone.  Now my kids can't wait for our vacation this summer.  MC2 keeps asking me when we are going to Pa's house and stay in a hotel.  He can't handle how many months away it is.  Its like years to him.  Our baby loves babies and LOVES her baby cousin.

 She also loves her big sister.

 Spring in Iowa is great.  Its my favorite season,which is funny because I've always hated spring.  But who can hate Spring when its this beautiful?  I love the flowering trees.  The Girl Child asked me to take her picture by her favorite tree.






 Sometimes this girl is so hungry she has to eat with two spoons.  It reminds me of my niece.



 Brent had a birthday.  We made him a peanut butter chocolate cake.  I think the kids were more excited about it than Brent.
 Then Brent and MC1 went to see Avengers and the rest of us watched a movie and drowned our sorrows in milkshakes.





 The Baby loves swinging.  She asks to swing every day and can't walk past a swing without crying if we don't use it.  She can surprisingly hold and swing on a big kid swing.  Its pretty impressive.









She is becoming such a big girl... and a spoiled brat but I love her anyway.

3 comments:

Ashley and Daniel said...

I'm impressed by her swinging skills! Sophie totally freaks out swings. Can't wait for all the cousin craziness in July!

T.M. said...

Avengers...good choice Brent...Happy B-day!

Milkshakes...Good choice Laura...Happy Mothers Day!

no misspellings "this" time...good Choice Tim. (ever notice how the word "this" has all potential to go horribly wrong too?)

Marci Jensen Stoffer said...

So cute!