Friday, October 10, 2014

Soccer, Field Trips, and a Cute Baby

Its been a while since a blogged.  Kyndra is mobile and trouble.  She's also been teething or something because she is very clingy.  I have not been able to get a lot lately.  Plus four kids just is a lot of work right now.  Its actually easier when the kids are home in a lot of ways because they help with the baby.  


 Here's the baby playing with her new toy.
We have been Obsessed with the library since it reopened and the kids have been reading a lot.  So much so that sometimes I have to force them to put away the books so they will get their chores done.  I have mixed feelings about this because I'm thrilled that they love reading so much.  One day I caught them all sitting around looking at books and it made me happy.




 MC1 is finally a good enough reader to read awesome books so I enjoy having him read my favorites.  GC1 is getting really good because she is working so hard at it.  The summer tutoring really helped.

MC1 had a hat day at school and wanted to wear Brent's graduation cap.  He thought he was really funny.
 I got to go on a field trip with GC2 to catch insects.  it was fun.  I'm grateful for a friend who was willing to watch the baby for me.

 I also got to go on a field trip with MC2 yesterday to a pumpkin patch/apple orchard but I didn't take any pictures.  Sorry.  It was awesome though.

MC1 is doing soccer which makes us crazy busy three days a week.


 He's not great.  He definitely didn't get any sporty genes from his parents and completely lacks any aggression which was always my problem too, but he loves it.  Brent said he caught him one game laying on the bag of balls while a girl fanned him and his friend poured water on his head.  He knows how to work it.  
 He got an awesome couch so that is nice.


 Here is the baby "helping" me make bread.  That's flour all over her face.

 Now that the baby is mobile the kids are frustrating with her destroying their stuff.  I warned them of this but now they truly understand.  Here is MC2 and his friend barricading her out of their toy room.  Thankfully she thought it was a funny game.

The Baby's favorite activity is laundry.  Which is good because I do about a load a day right now.  She loves having underwear on her head.  It makes her extremely happy so she has it on a lot.  
 MC1 has been working on his Faith in God and Cub Scouts lately.  One goal was to cook a nutritious meal so he decided to make fish sticks, mashed potatoes, and salad.  He did it mostly all himself and MC2 asked to help.  They actually did a great job together and had fun.  It was pretty cute.  

 GC1 sat and read a Lego book so MC1 says, "Hey look the boys are doing a girl job and GC1 is reading a boy book!  Its like we switched!"  I told him he was a chauvinistic pig.

 The baby's hair is getting really long so we put it in pig tails which she hated but were really cute.
 The kids love Conference Weekend and we ending up making a lot of spontaneous projects.  We decorated for Halloween and MC1 and GC1 sewed things.  GC1 sewed a heart pillow.  She made the pattern herself out of a poster board and cut out the material (with help) and sewed it together.  Then we sacrificed an old pillow for its stuffing.
I'll have to get a picture of MC1's project later.
 Here is the baby helping fold more laundry.



We're excited for Halloween.  We have our costumes all ready to go.  The baby has eye surgery in two weeks so we're excited to have that over with soon.

No comments: