Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween

We have had a great Halloween so far.  We started with Trick or Treating at the Gardens with our friend Barbara.  The baby hates her costume.  She's supposed to be a mouse.
 We did crafts at the Gardens.  Here is MC2 making a Bumblebee.  Apparently it takes a lot of work.
 He is Bumblebee the Transformer by the way.  He could have been Spiderman or a Power Ranger but he finally settled on this.

 The Girl Child is a witch.  She could have been Elsa or a dinosaur but her best friend was going to be a witch so she had to be a witch also.  Here they are in a house of pumpkins.
 MC2 is pumpkin sweeping or something.  He loved it. I've never seen him so motivated to run before.  He ran the entire gardens screaming, "There is another Trick or Treat!"  I love it when they realize what an awesome holiday Halloween is.  I mean grown ups just hand out candy because I'm wearing a costume?
 Here are the kids with the Garden Gnome and some random kid who jumped into the picture.




 Bell Tower.



 And a Storm Trooper taking in the view.



 This girl is doing great.  The eye doctor was finally optimistic she wouldn't have to have surgery again which is awesome!  We'll know for sure in a month.

MC2 had a Bear from school come home to visit for two days.  Everyone has a turn with him/her and writes in the journal about their adventures together.  We were lucky enough to have him during our ward Trunk or Treat.  Everyone else's journal entries were boring compared to ours.
 They even have matching pajamas.
We took him on our Trunk or Treat and tied him to MC2 so he could get candy easier.  Everyone thought it was part of his costume, but he was just carrying his bear.
 Bear needed a costume too so he came as Ironman.
 MC1's friend from school came with us.






 MC1 was Emmet from the Lego movie.  We hadn't finished his costume until the night of the Trunk or Treat so he had to wait.  I think it turned out well.


1 comment:

djensen said...

Fun times, that is what I like about Halloween, it is just fun! Glad the baby is doing well!