We had a pretty terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week. Okay, it was more hectic than terrible, but parts were for sure. It all started weeks ago when GC1 told me she wasn't aloud to hug at school anymore. I thought that was weird and another stupid rule at school, but then she said something else and I asked her, "Does someone have lice in your class?" She didn't know, but it got me paranoid. Then this last Monday we had some neighbor friends over to play after school and the next morning their mom called to tell me they had lice. So when I checked my kids after school I discovered we did too. Brent ran to get lice shampoo and we started washing EVERYTHING we own. I'm not kidding. We just started stripping every bed and the coat closet. We ended up with two giant piles of laundry. It took me three days to do it all. Meanwhile I was supposed to be cooking fudge and Stollen for Brent's department Christmas party. Between that, doing laundry, and washing everyone's hair the baby was very neglected. Poor girl. Brent also boiled all our brushes and combs. Mine is a little melted now.
The next morning we were lice free, but I had to do the laundry still and every time I touched it I felt like I was getting more lice on me! Then I talked to my friend and she told me she had talked to another friend who knows a girl in GC1's class at school and that little girl has had lice three times! That probably made no sense, but the important part of the story is that a girl in my child's class has had lice three times and they didn't tell the families! No wonder we got lice. I think she is at GC1's table too.
I also had to teach MC2's preschool group the next day and it was supposed to be a Christmas party. Yeah, with the drama from the night before we ended up doing a dance party to Christmas songs. Really the kids just played and I had Christmas music playing in the background, but whatever. Then immediately after everyone left the baby and I drove 45 minutes to take her to the eye doctor. THankfully she slept through the entire drive and waiting in the lobby. We got in to the room and she woke up, ate, and then cooperated beautifully for her eye exam. It was funny to watch. I held her and the doctor tried to get her to look at him. He had his pockets FULL of toys and lights. It was pretty funny. The baby was kind of annoyed, but didn't cry. She just ducked her head occasionally. At first the eye doctor thought she had a lazy eye and then he looked at her again and decided she has something completely different.
So he rewrote his notes on her. So here is the diagnosis for now... it might change next time we go depending on what her eyes are doing. So she goes crossed and her right eye looks left and her left looks right and instead of turning her head to see to the left or right she just switches witch eye she uses to see. So she doesn't track and she doesn't use both eyes together so she doesn't see well. For now they aren't positive about the diagnosis because she's a baby and all. So surgery sounds likely, but they might patch or do glasses depending on what they figure out. She doesn't have a weak eye that we can tell yet which is usually why you patch. I'm hoping for just using glasses if possible. We'll see. Then the baby got drops in her eyes to dilate them and then fell asleep. I sat and read for forty minutes while she slept and then the doctor came back in to look at the structure of her eye. I said I'd wake her up but he told me not to because he could examine her eyes while she slept. I was like, "Ummm, but her eyes are closed." But he did it! She slept in my arms and he pried her eyes open and looked at them! I don't know who to be more impressed with him for doing that while she slept or my baby for sleeping through it. Seriously, it was crazy. Then she slept through getting back in the car seat and the 45 minute drive home. I don't know if those drops make you sleepy or what but it was crazy or all the stimulation just did her in.
The next day I finished the last of the laundry and got to go to GC1's Christmas program at school. It was awesome. There was one girl in a huge flashy Christmas dress who stood a little bit in front of all the other kids and waved at her parents the whole time. They sang Jingle Bells two seconds too fast so it was on super speed which was awesome! The teacher tried to get them in time to the music but it was so much better at super speed. They had hillarious actions. Kids screamed the song when the teacher tried to get them to sing louder. It was just great. Almost as good at the primary program. I have to admit that GC1 did great. She loves singing and has been excited about this thing for a month. She tried to keep it a secret and not tell me what songs they were singing but one day a few weeks ago in the car she broke down and told me EVERYTHING! She's not exactly a great secret keeper.
In other news I think MC1 is starting to figure out the ugly truth about Santa. He's been asking questions for a while and telling me kids at school don't believe. Today he asked, "Mom do parents play at being Santa?" I said, "What?" Then he said, "Tell me the truth mom. Do you go to bed on Christmas Eve?" I said, "Of course. We go to bed so Santa can come." Then I changed the subject really fast. I think I'm going to have admit it soon though.
MC2 is really getting in the CHristmas spirit. He has been so good about the presents and can't wait to open them. He loves what he calls the "Christmas song" which is Santa Claus is Coming to Town. He knows all the words because I sing it every time my kids are naughty.
So Merry Christmas. You can all look forward to a new Christmas video coming soon.
Saturday, December 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great websites for guys
Other Blogs
- Alan and Dianna's Blog
- Ashley and Andrew's Blog
- Bill's Blog
- Black Family Blog
- Brooke's Blog
- Chip and Nicole's Blog
- Clawson's Blog
- Cook's Blog
- Cutest Blog
- Heathon's Blog
- Heidi's Blog
- Higgin's Family Blog
- Illguth's Blog
- Jacobsen's Blog
- Jason and Emily's Blog
- Justin and Megan's Blog
- Kristen and Ben's Blog
- Melissa and Joel's Blog
- Mmm Cafe Recipes
- Olsen's Blog
- Ormonds
- Palmers
- Pickly Palate
- Rebecca and Paul
- Sharon and Rob's Blog
- Susan and Austin's Blog
- Tyler and Jenni's Blog
No comments:
Post a Comment