First off, before I forget Brent and I had our 9 year anniversary. My sister came to visit for a few days and ended up being here for it which we were extremely happy about because we had a free babysitter we felt comfortable leaving our baby with. It was great. Admittedly we went to Burger King, got ice cream, and did some Christmas shopping but we did it without kids and that made it wonderful. I told Brent for sure the 10 year anniversary means I get diamonds next year but he said he's sure we're still on the "lint" anniversary. I think we're on the "graduate from school anniversary" next. We'll see.
MC1 is obsessed with legos. He spends hours on it which is totally fine with me as long as he cleans them up. They really are the perfect toy for creativity. His activity of choice is to go to his room and listen to an audio book while building with his legos. He has listened to tons of series this way... Sisters Grim, Septimus Heap, lots of Roald Dahl, 2 of the Harry Potters (I won't let him go past two until he can read them on his own so he savors them.), etc.
Brent almost bought a ton of legos off a guy from craiglist for Christmas but backed out when the guy wanted to sell him them from the back of his car in a parking garage. Sounded shady.
I told the Girl Child if she filled out a blank 100 number chart by herself she and I could go on a date. After two weeks of practice papers she did it and she is so proud of herself.
The baby has been smiling a lot but I miss it every time. Right before I took this picture she smiled a ton. Then another day she was in the bathtub with GC1 smiling the biggest smiles I have seen yet but I didn't have a camera and there was no way I was leaving her alone with her sister.
MC2 had a preschool thanksgiving day at our house. We did a lot of turkey activities like turkey apples.
And pin the feather on the turkey.
He loves his little friends. He has been missing his cuddle time lately.
We went to the tree lighting on main street this last weekend and waited in a store for like an hour to get faces painted. I have to say it was worth it. Unlike most face painting the lady was a professional.
We have a football helmet and a snowman. I have seen the Girl Child this happy only a few times. We got home and needed to go to bed and she was devastated about washing it off. She spent a half hour in her room staring at herself in the mirror.
I got some headbands from a friends and the Girl Child was so excited. She spent 10 minutes trying different ones on the baby and then today we put one on her for church and Daddy TOOK IT OFF! I think the Girl Child won't be forgiving him any time soon.
At least we took pictures before Daddy got to her.
The Baby's happiest time is in the bathtub. She kicks so hard at the end she passes out because she is so tired.



















No comments:
Post a Comment